The University of Michigan-Dearborn is an interactive, student-centered institution committed to excellence in teaching and learning.
We offer undergraduate, graduate, and professional education to a diverse, highly motivated, and talented student body. Our programs are responsive to the changing needs of society; relevant to the goals of our students and community partners; rich in opportunities for independent and collaborative study, research, and practical application; and reflective of the traditions of excellence, innovation, and leadership that distinguish the University of Michigan. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing a strong foundation in the liberal arts and sciences;
- Providing the knowledge and skills essential for career and personal success;
- Integrating teaching, research, and service in ways that enhance the learning experience;
- Providing a dynamic environment where innovation, openness, and creativity are fostered; Using advanced technologies to meet changing educational needs and establish links with the global community; and
- Forging partnerships with business, industry, educational institutions, and government agencies.
We strive to be the institution of choice in southeastern Michigan for individuals and organizations that value accessibility, flexibility, affordablility, diversity, and preeminence in education.
Adopted June 15, 1994