If you receive or discover a suspicious package or foreign device,
DO NOT TOUCH IT, TAMPER WITH IT OR MOVE IT!!!
IMMEDIATELY DIAL 911 TO REPORT IT TO PUBLIC SAFETY
LETTER & PARCEL BOMB
Be cautious of:
*Foreign mail, air mail, and special deliveries
*Restrictive markings such as “confidential” or “personal”
*Handwritten or poorly typed address
*Misspellings of common words
*Oily stains or discolorations on package
*Rigid, lopsided, or uneven envelopes
*Protruding wires or tinfoil
*Excessive tape or string
*No return address
IF YOU ARE SUSPICIOUS OF A MAILING AND ARE UNABLE TO VERIFY THE CONTENTS WITH THE ADDRESSEE OR SENDER:
- Do not touch or move the article.
- Do not open the article.
- Isolate the mailing and evacuate the immediate area.
- Do not put in water or a confined space such as a desk drawer or a filing cabinet.
- If possible, open windows is the immediate area to assist in venting potential explosive gases.
- If you have any reason to believe a letter parcel is suspicious, do not take a chance. Contact the Department of Public Safety at 911 for assistance.