High School Graduate Guest

High School Graduate Guest

This information pertains to students who wish to attend Summer II term courses at the University of Michigan-Dearborn (July-August) following their graduation from high school but before their attendance at another institution in the fall term. Admission under this status is for the Summer II term only.


  1. Complete the application (pdf).
  2. Submit an official copy of your high school transcript, which must include SAT or ACT scores.
  3. Provide proof of admission to another institution for the fall term by submitting one of the following:

a. A copy of your admission letter OR
b. A copy of your fall registration OR
c. A statement on letterhead from the institution signed by a staff member of the Office of Admissions verifying admission for the fall term

Admission requirements
To be admitted as a recent-high-school-graduate guest student, you must meet the regular standards for freshman admission to UM-Dearborn: a 3.0 recalculated GPA AND a composite score of at least 22 on the ACT or combined score of at least 1030 on the SAT.

Transferability of course work
The institution to which you are transferring your UM-Dearborn course work makes the decision as to whether any particular course will transfer. You should talk with the Office of Admissions at that institution before enrolling for UM-D classes to ensure the best possible result. UM-Dearborn does not guarantee the transferability of courses to other institutions. To transfer classes to your primary institution, you will have to arrange for a transcript of any credit earned as a guest student to be sent to your primary institution.