The University of Michigan-Dearborn Staff Recognition Committee is proud to announce the Staff Recognition Program for 2014-2015 to honor regular staff members who have made significant contributions to the mission and operation of the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
The following definition is to be used as an institutional standard for determining which acts or achievements most warrant recognition and reward:
"Acts or achievements that extend beyond expectations, reflect the highest standards of quality, excellence, and innovation, and make a significant contribution to some aspect(s) of the University’s mission."
EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE AWARD (Individual Only / $1200 Monetary Award)
The EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE AWARD will be presented annually to a regular staff member who:
- Has consistently demonstrated a focus on outstanding service to his/her customers and colleagues.
- Has made exceptional contributions toward the effectiveness of his/her unit or department.
EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE AWARD (Individual Only / $1200 Monetary Award)
The EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE AWARD will be presented annually to a regular staff member who
- Has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to help achieve the University's mission by:
- contributing in a significant way to the success of a project with institutional importance;
- developing innovative ideas and solutions that contribute to improved efficiency and effectiveness;
- performing his/her assigned duties with extraordinary effort, dedication, and special pride
OUTSTANDING SERVICE TO THE METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY AND UNIVERSITY (Individual Only / $1200 Monetary Award)
The OUTSTANDING SERVICE TO THE METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY AND UNIVERSITY AWARD recognizes and values the activities undertaken by staff who address the economic, education, civic and environmental challenges confronting the surrounding urban area and provides a significant benefit to the University of Michigan-Dearborn and the metropolitan community. To be presented annually to a regular staff member who meets at least three of the following criteria:
- Extends the University's mission to the metropolitan community;
- Forged partnerships with business, industry, educational institutions and governmental agencies;
- Makes a significant impact on the quality of the University's community life;
- Demonstrates the best interest of the University and the people who work within it;
- Has contributed to the solutions that promote significant University communal agenda;
- Has promoted the University of Michigan-Dearborn as an institution actively engaged with the metropolitan community that it serves; and/or
- Has a recognized contribution to our metropolitan community that has promoted the University.
EXCEPTIONAL LONG-TERM ACHIEVEMENT AWARD (Individual Only/$1200 Monetary Award)
The EXCEPTIONAL LONG-TERM ACHIEVEMENT AWARD will be presented annually to a regular staff member who:
- Has worked for the University of Michigan-Dearborn at least ten (10) years;
- Whose acts or achievements have extended beyond expectations or contributed in a significant way towards the achievement of the University's mission for an extended period of time (i.e. several years).
EXCEPTIONAL TEAM AWARD (Team Only / $700 Monetary Award Per Team Member, or if more than seven team members, $5000 maximum to be divided equally between team members)
The EXCEPTIONAL TEAM AWARD will be presented annually to a team whose performance has extended beyond expectations and has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to help achieve the University's mission. Nominations may be submitted for one of the following criteria:
- Project Achievement - A team that has contributed in a significant way to the success of a project with institutional importance.
- Quality Improvement - A team that has developed and implemented innovative solutions that contribute to improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Workplace Achievement – A team that performs their assigned duties with extraordinary effort, dedication, and special pride.