UM-Dearborn Connect Registration and Records

Change of Grades

The grade that an instructor records on the final grade sheet and that appears on the student's subsequent transcript is assumed to be final; that is, the instructor's official evaluation of all of a student's performance and work completed by the official end of the term (the last day of the final examination week).

Recognizing that mistakes can be made, UM-Dearborn permits a student to ask an instructor for a review of a grade within the four-month period after the end of the term involved. After a four-month period has passed, a student may initiate a request for a review only through the petition process involving the studentís school or college Academic Standards Committee (or comparable group), whose decision shall be final. Such a review is entirely separate and distinct from the circumstances involving an X (Absent from Final Examination), I (Incomplete Coursework), or a Y (Course Extends Beyond Term).