University of Michigan - Dearborn Policies and Guidelines*
Click on the Blue Headers for complete policies.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the campus of the University of Michigan - Dearborn unless certain circumstances and/or criteria are met.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the University Center unless certain circumstances and/or criteria are met.
- The chalking of sidewalks is allowed at the University of Michigan-Dearborn, given it meets the standards below. Any individual or group in violation of the chalking policy will be held responsible for their actions.
- Chalk cannot be used within 25 feet of any building entrance or exit.
- Chalk may only be used on University sidewalks.
- Chalk may not be used underneath any covering where chalk would not be washed away by precipitation.
- The material used to mark a sidewalk must be water-soluble (sidewalk chalk)
- The use of markers, paints, oil-based products, or sprayable chalk or other products in aerosol containers is prohibited.
- The University has no responsibility for maintaining or removing chalk placed on sidewalks.
- These drawings/language may not be destruvtive or libelous in any way.
* Biodegradable chalk is available in the Office for Student Engagement, 2136 University Center.
Film Usage - Coming Soon!
- Any student organization wishing to show a movie and/or documentary for public viewing must have written permission and/or have purchased a license for viewing.
- Hazing, of any kind, is not tolerated at the University of Michigan - Dearborn.
- The Logo of the University of Michigan - Dearborn is the signature identity of the University and must be not be defaced or altered without express permission from the Marketing Department.
- The University of Michigan - Dearborn takes pride in and supports its diverse students, faculty and staff. Discrimination at the University will not be tolerated.
Marquee - Coming Soon!
- The electronic billboards (marquee) at the University of Michigan - Dearborn are used to create a collegiate and welcoming atmosphere on campus. These boards are for University use only.
- Political Involvement is encouraged at the University of Michigan - Dearborn as it serves as a foundation to a democratic society. The use of University funds and resources towards a political campaign/candidate is prohibited. For detailed information click the above link.
- Public Posting is encouraged on specific bulletin boards across campus. All postings must be stamped for approval by the Office for Student Engagement, located at 2136 University Center.
- Members of the University community and their invited guests have the right to set forth their views and opinions and to listen, watch protest, or otherwise participate in communication.
- As an outlet for creativity and organizational pride, painting of the "Rock" located outside the University Center is encouraged.
- All clubs/organizations holding meetings and/or events within the University Center must utilize University Dining Services for all food, other than snacks.
*Policies may be updated and/or changed without notice. Please continually check this website for the most up to date policies.