University of Michigan-Dearborn Policies and Guidelines*
Click on the Blue Headers for complete policies.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the campus of the University of Michigan-Dearborn unless certain circumstances and/or criteria are met.
- All clubs/organizations holding meetings and/or events on campus or within The Union at Dearborn must utilize Campus Dining Services for all food and refreshments.
- The chalking of sidewalks is allowed at the University of Michigan-Dearborn, given it meets the standards below. Any individual or group in violation of the chalking policy will be held responsible for their actions.
- Chalk cannot be used within 25 feet of any building entrance or exit.
- Chalk may only be used on University sidewalks.
- Chalk may not be used underneath any covering where chalk would not be washed away by precipitation.
- The material used to mark a sidewalk must be water-soluble (sidewalk chalk)
- The use of markers, paints, oil-based products, or sprayable chalk or other products in aerosol containers is prohibited.
- The University has no responsibility for maintaining or removing chalk placed on sidewalks.
- These drawings/language may not be destructive or libelous in any way.
* Biodegradable chalk is available in the Office for Student Engagement, 2136 University Center.
- UM-Dearborn student clubs and organizations are allowed to use space in the University Center and Fairlane Center for day sales, recruiting new members, and promoting upcoming events. This policy outlines the appropriate and inappropriate uses of the day sale/promotional tables. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in immediate removal from the table and loss of all tabling privileges for the rest of the semester.
- Any student organization wishing to show a movie and/or documentary for public viewing must have written permission and/or have purchased a license for viewing.
- Hazing, of any kind, is not tolerated at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
- The Logo of the University of Michigan-Dearborn is the signature identity of the University and must be not be defaced or altered without express permission from the Office of Communications and Marketing.
- The University of Michigan-Dearborn takes pride in and supports its diverse students, faculty and staff. Discrimination at the University will not be tolerated.
Marquee - Coming Soon!
- The electronic billboards (marquee) at the University of Michigan-Dearborn are used to create a collegiate and welcoming atmosphere on campus. These boards are for University use only.
- Political Involvement is encouraged at the University of Michigan-Dearborn as it serves as a foundation to a democratic society. The use of University funds and resources towards a political campaign/candidate is prohibited. For detailed information click the above link.
- Public Posting is encouraged on specific bulletin boards across campus. All postings must be stamped for approval by the Office for Student Engagement, located at 2136 University Center.
- Members of the University community and their invited guests have the right to set forth their views and opinions and to listen, watch protest, or otherwise participate in communication.
- As an outlet for creativity and organizational pride, painting of the "Rock" located outside the University Center is encouraged. For more information click the link above.
- University of Michigan-Dearborn requires that all student organizations have an Advisor. For more information click the above link.
- The University of Michigan-Dearborn Office for Student Engagement strives to ensure academic excellence and degree acquisition is achieved. In order to maintain active membership student must have and maintain a cumulative minimum grade point average of 2.5. For more information click the above link.
*Policies may be updated and/or changed without notice. Please continually check this website for the most up to date policies.