Student Employment On-Campus


All campus positions will be posted at

Please keep in mind the following when searching postings:

  • All campus positions will be classified as Temporary
  • Use work-study in the keyword search function as needed


On Campus:  Go to (see above for search tips)

Off Campus:  Any UM-Dearborn students who obtain a Work Study position at UM-Ann Arbor or UM-Flint campuses should contact Mai Qazzaz ( for assistance on completing appropriate paperwork.  


  • What is Federal Work-Study?
    • Work-Study is a need based Financial Aid award that supplements payment for students working in approved on and off campus positions.  Work-Study is a federally-subsidized hourly wage job program, which gives you the opportunity to earn your award through employment. 

  • How do I know if I have a Federal Work-Study award?
  • Are you a work-study student working at UM-Ann Arbor or UM-Flint?
    • Contact Mai Qazzaz ( for assistance with completing all necessary paperwork. 

  • What are the benefits of a work-study position?  
    • Obtain work experience and gain transferable skills that can be utilized in future positions
    • Convenience of working on or near campus
    • Opportunity to develop networking contacts. 

  • How many hours can work-study students work?
    • Federal guidelines allow students to work up to 25 hours per week. 

  • If I don't have a Federal Work-Study award and am seeking part-time and/or temporary employment off campus, where do I look?  
    • Join our CSO network or visit the Career Library to view part-time/temporary positions. 

If you have additional questions please contact our office at (313) 593-5020.