Student Waitlist Policy
- Waitlists will not close prior to the first day of classes. Waitlists will remain open during the first eight days of classes for a full term, and the first three days of class during a half term. During this time, students may add or drop their names to/from waitlists via UM-Dearborn Connect.
- During the drop/add period:
- The responsibility for managing enrollment in a course section lies with Enrollment Services for all courses except the following:
- Courses offered through the College of Business *
- Select lecture/lab Natural Science courses
- Opt-In courses that have the Instructor Approved Add registration restriction code.
- Instructors begin monitoring the waitlists for courses with this registration restriction beginning the second week of classes in a full term (beginning the fourth day of classes in a half term).
Students should not:
- Waitlist for more than one section of a multi-section course.
- Waitlist a section of a course when already registered for a section of the same course.
If either of the above circumstance occurs, students may not be permitted to remain on a waitlist for the section involved.
A student who places his/her name on a waitlist for Enrollment Services managed courses agrees to be registered in the section if a space becomes available or if a new section is opened at a time/day identical to that of the existing waitlisted section.
With the exception of the above exclusions, movement from the waitlist to a registered status in a course will occur prior to the beginning of courses and throughout the registration and drop/add period if a space becomes available. There is no guarantee that a space will open in the waitlisted course. If your schedule is not satisfactory, it is your responsibility to register/drop/add courses as necessary prior to the end of the drop/add period.
For Enrollment Services managed courses, students will receive, via official UM-Dearborn email, notification that a waitlisted course has been added to his/her schedule (for information on how to set up or forward your UM-Dearborn email account, go to the www.its.umd.umich.edu/email ).
The same standards of pre-requisite and time conflict checking will apply to waitlisted courses.
Students are responsible for verifying that their schedule and student status will accommodate the waitlisted course. In the event that it does not (due to time conflicts, holds, i.e., unit, student accounts, etc.), the waitlist request cannot be honored.
Students, who no longer want to be considered for an open space in a waitlisted course, should remove the waitlisted course from their schedule via UM-Dearborn Connect. To be removed from a course waitlist, go to UM-Dearborn Connect, select Add or Drop a Class from the Registration Menu. Select the drop code from the drop down menu on the course.
For answers to questions, please contact Enrollment Services via email, email@example.com, or via telephone at 313-583-6500
*The College of Business Student Advising Office will monitor and enroll students from the waitlist into business courses.