Future International Students

Full Financial Support Information

Proof of Full Financial Support (Required for F and J Visa Students Only)

If you have or are planning to obtain an F or J visa, you must submit documentation indicating that you (or your sponsor) have sufficient funds to support your education at UM-Dearborn. Estimated annual expenses are $43,000 U.S.  All supporting documents must show that you or your financial supporter has at least $43,000 U.S. dollars available.

You must submit the Affidavit of Financial Support form and an original bank certification (in English) from your financial supporter, converted to U.S. dollars, showing that the account balance of the financial supporter is at least $43,000 (per academic year) to cover the tuition, fees, and living expenses you will incur while attending UM-Dearborn.

Financial aid is not available to students on F or J visas. Therefore, you must demonstrate full financial support before a UM-Dearborn I-20 form can be issued for you. Also, all F and J visa students must have health insurance that meets U-M requirements for yourself and any accompanying F-2 or J-2 dependents during the entire time you are enrolled.  If you have health insurance that provides coverage that is comparable to the U-M Health International Student/Scholar Health Insurance Plan, you can request a waiver for the health insurance requirement.