The Armenian Research Center is pleased to offer two scholarships to Armenian students attending the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
These scholarships were established by Dr. George and Isabelle Elanjian:
- Available to students of Armenian background.
- One $2,000 renewable award, for those who have completed one year or more of college (24 credit hours or more).
- One $700 award for a high school student entering college full time (enrolled for 12 credit hours or more per semester).
- Applicants, if freshmen, must be in top 10% of high school graduating class.
- Applicants with college experience must have a 3.3 GPA (4.0 scale) or better.
- Applicants must enroll full-time (12 credit or more hours per semester).
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must submit three letters of recommendation, two from teachers/professors and one from a community leader.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have made voluntary leadership contributions to the community.
- Successful applicants will be expected to donate at least five hours of work per week to the Armenian Research Center.
Students must actively apply for the $2,000 award. Applications for the $2,000 award may be obtained from the UM-Dearborn Financial Aid office.
Incoming freshmen students are automatically vetted for the $700 scholarship if they indicated on their university enrollment application that they wanted to be considered for financial aid.