||Pankaj Mallick, Ph.D.|
William E. Stirton Professor
University of Michigan - Dearborn
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Department of Mechanical Engineering
4901 Evergreen Road, 120 MSEL
Dearborn, Michigan 48128
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1973.
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, 1970
- B.E., Mechanical Engineering, Bengal Engineering College, Calcutta University, 1966
Areas of Research Interests
- Fracture, Fatigue, Impact and Crush Behavior of Materials
- Relationship between Design Properties and Processing of Polymers and Composites
- Forming Characteristics of Polymers, Polymer Matrix Composites and Light Metals
- Designing with Lightweight Automotive Materials
- Joining and Joining Characteristics of Similar and Dissimilar Materials
- Manufacturing Process Development for Thermoplastic Matrix Composites
- Book: Materials, Design and Manufacturing for Lightweight Vehicles, (editor and co-author), Woodhead Publishing Ltd., Cambridge, UK, 2010.
- Book: Fiber Reinforced Composites: Materials, Manufacturing and Design, 3rd Edition, (author), CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2008.
- Book: Composites Engineering Handbook, (editor and co-author), Marcel Dekker, Inc., N.Y., 1997.
- Book: Composite Materials Technology: Processes and Properties (joint editor with Dr. S. Newman and co-author), Hanser Pub., Munich, Germany, 1990.