M.Ed. in Special Education (Online)
The Master of Education in Special Education Program includes three program options for teachers, administrators, social workers, other service providers and educators who wish to learn how to serve students with disabilities. Courses are offered with the working professional in mind. The courses required for the master's degree and either the Learning Disabilities or Emotional Impairment endorsement are offered during evening and summer hours and include several online courses. Courses in the Specialist in Mild Disabilities program are offered entirely online.
Plan of Study
Students must submit the follow items with their application.
The GRE is not required for admission to this program. The Office of International Affairs lists additional admission requirements for international students.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- 3.0 GPA or higher on submitted transcripts
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Valid state of Michigan teaching certificate if seeking either the Learning Disabilities or Emotional Impairment endorsement
To view application forms and additional admission information, please click the "Apply Now" button at the top of the right-hand column.