Outside Job Opportunities
Find current job postings and links to additional sites with more posts and employment related information.
Current Job Postings
The Dearborn Academy
The Dearborn Academy, a Pre K-8 Charter School located at 1930 Ford Rd. Dearborn, MI 48128, is seeking ESL Teachers. The Dearborn Academy’s mission is to serve a multicultural community through individualized, focused instruction allowing each student to achieve academic excellence and exhibit social responsibility.
Teachers of English as a second language work with children whose first language is not English, and who live (or are seeking to live) on a long-term or permanent basis in the USA. They help students develop linguistic and cultural competence to participate fully in academic, work and cultural environments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Plan, prepare and deliver lessons and workshops for groups and individuals.
2. Design and produce teaching materials and adapt existing materials.
3. Plan behavior management strategies for entire class and for individual students under
4. Assess individual students with ELPA, or other appropriate assessment.
5. Prepare appropriate documentation and reports.
6. Implement the assigned program of study.
7. Foster a classroom climate conducive to learning.
8. Utilize instructional and classroom management systems that increase student learning and
maximize time on task.
9. Monitor student progress towards achieving instructional objectives and goals.
10. Other related duties as assigned by Principal.
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience: Qualifications:
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
• NS (ESL) Endorsement
• Elementary/ Middle Level Teacher Certification
• Two years of teaching experience
• Experience with elementary/middle programs dependent on area of assignment
• Must meet NCLB Highly Qualified Criteria (Major in content area, or Minor and Passed
Satisfactory criminal background check and unprofessional conduct check as required by
School Safety Legislation conduct check as required by School Safety Legislation
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Institutional Management Services, Inc.
5728 Schaefer Rd. Ste. 201
Phone: 313.624.2000 Fax: 313.846.4514
Our Lady Star of the Sea
Our Lady Star of the Sea has an opening for a sixth grade elementary teacher listed on the Archdiocese of Detroit (AOD) Web site or call 313-884-1070 EXT 1 .
Postings for STEM Positions
Looking for enthusiastic, engaging and experienced summer school instructors for our STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) programs. Openings are available and need to be filled asap. Potential full time positions for full school year available as well. Visit www.stem.org or contact Aishah Gulam at 734-776-0083.
Dearborn Public Schools
Dearborn Public School will be having a number of teaching positions open for new hires. We are especially looking for candidates who have their ZA endorsement, and candidates that have or are working on their ESL endorsement. There are several elementary postions, middle school positions (math, science, ELA), as well as high school positions (ESL/ELA).
Apply to Dearborn, and please send a resume also to our ELL Department--addressed to Rose Aldubaily, ELL Department Director, 18700 Audette, Dearborn, MI. 48124.
Safford Unified School District
Safford Unified School District in Safford, AZ has the following teaching positions open for the 14-15 school year.
1 - First Grade Teacher3 - Second Grade Teachers1 - Sixth Grade Teacher2 - Title I Reading Specialists1 - Middle/High School Choir Director
Please send a resume to Henry Dunkerson, Director of Instructional Services at email@example.com.
Michigan Technical Academy
Michigan Technical Academy is currently in its second year of the 1:1 iPad program – a program where there is an iPad for every teacher and student. By the accessibility of these iPads, students are able to become more technologically proficient and incorporate real world scenarios into their daily learning.
Successful candidates should be highly qualified teaching professionals with a State of Michigan certificate including the proper endorsements for the position in which they are applying for. Candidates are also required to pass state and federal criminal background checks.
Competitive salary, benefits, and 401k package!
If you are interested, please send your resume to Jenay Sharp, Personnel Director, MTA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YES for PREP
YES for PREP seeks teacher aides to support YES for PREP core course teachers. YES for PREP functions as a bridge between middle schools and highly selective independent high schools. View the flyer for further information.
Emergency Physician Scribe
ScribeAmerica has Emergency Physician Scribe positions available in the Detroit area. See the following links for more information:
Other Employment Resources
- UM-Dearborn Career Services Job Postings - Note: Students wishing to view job postings must register with Career Services and pay a one-time $15.00 fee. This may be done online at the Career Services registration information page.
- UM-Ann Arbor’s Career Center Job Postings
- Michigan Nonprofit Association Classified Ads
- Dearborn Public Schools Job Postings
- Detroit Public Schools Job Postings
- Oakland County Consortium Job Postings
- Wayne County RESA Job listings website
- Washtenaw County - Intermediate School District - Note: Scroll down to the middle of the page for district links.
- Michigan.gov Career Portal: Michigan Teacher, Support Staff, Administrator, & College Faculty -- Job Openings - Note: scroll to the bottom for more career links.