Outside Job Opportunities
- UM-Dearborn Career Services Job Postings - Note: Students wishing to view job postings must register with Career Services and pay a one-time $15.00 fee. This may be done online at the Career Services registration information page.
- UM-Ann Arbor’s Career Center Job Postings
- Michigan Nonprofit Association Classified Ads
- Dearborn Public Schools Job Postings
- Detroit Public Schools Job Postings
- Oakland County Consortium Job Postings
- Wayne County RESA Job listings website
- Washtenaw County - Intermediate School District - Note: Scroll down to the middle of the page for district links.
- Michigan.gov Career Portal: Michigan Teacher, Support Staff, Administrator, & College Faculty -- Job Openings - Note: scroll to the bottom for more career links.
Detroit Head Start is hiring Early Childhood Educators
Detroit Head Start agencies have nearly 20 teaching positions available for Early Childhood educators.
Visit the Detroit Head Start-Work With Us page created specially for early childhood educators to:
- Learn how to get on the Head Start career path
- Check out current job listing
- Hear from Detroit Head Start educators
About Detroit Head Start
Early Head Start and Head Start are federally funded programs that “promote school readiness to young children from low-income families through agencies in their local community.” In Detroit, ten local, trusted service agencies – Matrix Human Services, Starfish Family Services, Southwest Solutions, Focus: HOPE, Development Centers, United Children and Families, New St. Paul Tabernacle, Children’s Center, Renaissance Head Start and The Order of the Fishermen – provide comprehensive early childhood learning at no cost to qualifying families through the Head Start program.
ESL Tutor Position
Speak Learn Succeed, an ESL company in western Wayne County and eastern Washtenaw County, is currently looking for two part-time tutors that are able to teach children and adults in a one-on-one setting in the student's home or office.
- Prospective tutors do not need to be certified.
- Prospective tutors without a completed BA would be considered if they have some ESL experience or have lived overseas.
Learn more in the job description.
Health Communications Internship Program
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) is now accepting applications for the
Health Communications Internship Program (HCIP)
HCIP interns are offered six or 12-month internships in one of two tracks:
- Health Communications or
- Science Writing
The HCIP gives highly qualified graduate students and recent graduate degree recipients the opportunity to participate in vital health and science communications projects at NCI.
Interns are placed in host offices at one of the three NCI campuses in Maryland.
Applications for the 2017 HCIP class are due by March 13th.
Apply online and learn more about this internship at the HCIP website.
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) is the Federal Government's principal agency for cancer research and training and is the largest of the 27 institutes and centers comprising the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The NCI recognizes that health information dissemination is key to raising public awareness about new cancer treatments, support for cancer patients and their families, and prevention strategies. To that end, in 1975 the NCI established the Health Communications Internship Program (HCIP) to attract individuals interested in careers in health communications and science writing.
Middle School Math and Science Teaching Positions
Strong Middle School is looking for Arabic speaking bilingual teachers for two teaching positions:
1) Middle School Math
2) Middle School Science
Interested candidates, please download the job description and contact:
Principal Donald Fish
(313) 389 -3343
Strong Middle School - Melvindale Public Schools -
3303 Oakwood Blvd.
Melvindale, MI 48122
(313) 389 - 3330
Mid-Year Detroit Teaching Opportunities
Michigan Teacher Corps partners with high need schools in Detroit to help recruit talented new teachers for their open positions. Equity Education, a charter network of four schools in Detroit, is seeking Elementary and Secondary Science teachers to fill mid-year positions.
They are currently recruiting certified teachers for the 2016-17 school year in Elementary Education and Secondary Science.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to
Michigan Teacher Corps team
Summer Internship at UM Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum
University of Michigan Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum is hiring up to 40 PAID University of Michigan student interns to participate in their Nature Academy Program from May - August 2017.
- Education and Visitor Engagement
- Research and Curation
- Administrative Services
- Farm and Field Services
Summer Camp Job Opportunity
Spend Summer Teaching Kids about Nature with the Leslie Science & Nature Center in Ann Arbor, MI.
First round of deadline is Monday, Jan. 23 and the second in February 9th
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and preference will be given to applications received by the first-round deadline on Monday, January 23, 2017.
- The second round deadline is Thursday, February 9, 2017.
- Selected applicants must participate in a day-long group interview on Sunday, February 12, 2017, 8:30am-3:30pm.
- Selected applicants will be invited to the interview no later than February 10.
- Only complete, online application packets will be accepted.
Four Job Openings at Melvindale High School
Melvindale High School is seeking applicants for the following teaching positions:
- Bilingual Math Teacher
- Bilingual English/Language Arts Teacher
- Bilingual Social Studies Teacher
- Bilingual Science Teacher
Interested candidates please email cover letter and resume directly to:
Principal Ryan Vranesich
Melvindale High School
Melvindale, MI 48122