Outside Job Opportunities
Find current job postings and links to additional sites with more posts and employment related information.
Generations Home Care Group, MI - Hiring Home Health Care Aide - 10/6/14
Home Health Aide, Direct Care Worker, Certified Nurse Assistant, Companionship/Mentor - will be trained to do in-home care for children/young adults of the autism spectrum, various disabilities (DS, Autistic, Psychotic Disorders ). Follow a care plan and document/chart each work day. Assist client in activities and life management skills. Help the patients learn behaviors and patterns that are needed in every day living. Learn to chart all activities on your shift and submit your completed notes on the client. Will not be asked to drive the client, only work in the home. Shifts and hours range from full to part time but also can be flexible with a student’s schedule. Also may include weekends and evening shifts. Learn to use techniques in coping with autism. Most have a current/up to date TB test, physical or note from doctor with NO work restrictions and a CPR certification prior to start. Compensation: $8.00 – $10.00/ HR depending on experience.
Trillum Academy, Taylor, MI -
Hiring High School Science, English, Special Education Teachers as well as Special Education (co-teacher) and Speech Pathologist - 10/2/14
Applicants should send their resumes to Jessica Biehl, the high school principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Heights Academy, Dearborn Heights, MI - Hiring ZA or ZA Endorsement Teacher - 9/19/14
The Great Start Readiness Preschool Program (GSRP) at Global Heights Academy in Dearborn Heights is hiring a ZA or ZS endorsement teacher to teach a full day GSRP classroom.
Early Head Start Centers, Detroit, MI - Hiring Assistant Teacher - 9/12/14
The Guidance Center, River Rouge, MI - Hiring Assistant Teacher - 9/12/14
View job specifics and application HERE
Fill out online application HERE
Dearborn Public Schools - Hiring Early Childhood Certified Teachers - 9/11/14
Fill out online application HERE
Bright Futures - A 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program - 9/5/14
The http://emubrightfutures.org/index.htmlBright Futures Program has several opportunities available to current students and recent UM-Dearborn graduates. The positions might be of most interest to education students, but are open to all. Applicants can be considered for positions in http://emubrightfutures.org/school-programs.html20 locations throughout Wayne-Westland, Romulus, and Ypsilanti working with students in elementary, middle, and high schools.
For most positions interviewing/hiring begins this week and next week (9/8/14).
Hiring to fill multiple openings for two different roles:
Student Program Instructors (SPIs) and Activity Specialists.
Student Program Instructors (SPIs):
In cooperation with the Site Coordintor and Assistant Site Coordinator, the SPIs work with K-12 students supervising academic and personal enrichment activities in an afterschool setting. SPIs will provide homework help, tutoring, and will lead group activities ranging from arts and crafts, creative writing, cooking, music, sports, etc. SPIs work 3 hours/day in the afternoon on Monday-Thursday for 12 hours/week. Pay rate is $8-10/hour, depending on location and experience. We ask SPIs to commit to working an entire school year (mid-September to mid-May) For more information about the program, visit http://emubrightfutures.<wbr></wbr>org/index.html
Activity Specialists work with K-12 students to lead group activities or clubs in an afterschool setting. Activity Specialists are needed to lead activities or clubs in a variety of different areas ranging from cooking, music, sports, art, technology, etc. Activity Specialists are contracted for 1-2 hour/week for an 8 week session; if your specialty is particularly unique or popular among students, you may be hired by more than one location to increase your hours. (For instance, one elementary school may want to hire you to lead karate every Tuesday for 8 weeks, a second elementary school may want to hire you for Thursdays during the same 8 weeks, and a middle school may want to hire you for Thursdays in the following 8 week session.) Depending on how many locations want to hire you you can work/earn as much or as little as you'd like; because you are only asked to commit to 8 weeks at a time, this is great for individuals with fluctuating schedules. Pay rate is negotiable based on how unique/popular your specialty is; maximum rate is $25/hour. For more information about the program, visit http://emubrightfutures.<wbr></wbr>org/index.html
If interested in either position, please contact Nicaté Ferrill at email@example.com (include "job opening" in subject line). Complete interest form attached here to learn more about what you'd like to do and where.
Riverside Early Childhood Center - Posted 9/3/14
There are (2) openings for Lead Preschool Teacher's at Riverside Early Childhood Center in Dearborn, MI. The classrooms are GSRP and follow HighScope Curriculum. It is a wonderful school with so many wonderful opportunities and experiences! Anyone interested can email their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Jungle Learning Center - Posted 9/2/14
Franklin Christian Preschool in Bloomfield Hills
Franklin Christian Preschool in Bloomfield Hills is looking for classroom assistance. For more information on the paid position, call the school at 248-540-7706 and ask for Karen Bierman. (the UM-D reference source for the position would be Gabriella Eschrich)
Michigan Works! Agency in Detroit
Michigan Works! Agency in Detroit is looking for a substitute teacher AND permanent teacher to support their GED program.
The Dearborn Academy
The Dearborn Academy, a Pre K-8 Charter School located at 1930 Ford Rd. Dearborn, MI 48128, is seeking ESL Teachers. The Dearborn Academy’s mission is to serve a multicultural community through individualized, focused instruction allowing each student to achieve academic excellence and exhibit social responsibility.
Teachers of English as a second language work with children whose first language is not English, and who live (or are seeking to live) on a long-term or permanent basis in the USA. They help students develop linguistic and cultural competence to participate fully in academic, work and cultural environments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Plan, prepare and deliver lessons and workshops for groups and individuals.
2. Design and produce teaching materials and adapt existing materials.
3. Plan behavior management strategies for entire class and for individual students under
4. Assess individual students with ELPA, or other appropriate assessment.
5. Prepare appropriate documentation and reports.
6. Implement the assigned program of study.
7. Foster a classroom climate conducive to learning.
8. Utilize instructional and classroom management systems that increase student learning and
maximize time on task.
9. Monitor student progress towards achieving instructional objectives and goals.
10. Other related duties as assigned by Principal.
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience: Qualifications:
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
• NS (ESL) Endorsement
• Elementary/ Middle Level Teacher Certification
• Two years of teaching experience
• Experience with elementary/middle programs dependent on area of assignment
• Must meet NCLB Highly Qualified Criteria (Major in content area, or Minor and Passed
Satisfactory criminal background check and unprofessional conduct check as required by
School Safety Legislation conduct check as required by School Safety Legislation
Please email resumes to email@example.com.
American Institutional Management Services, Inc.
5728 Schaefer Rd. Ste. 201
Phone: 313.624.2000 Fax: 313.846.4514
Other Employment Resources
- UM-Dearborn Career Services Job Postings - Note: Students wishing to view job postings must register with Career Services and pay a one-time $15.00 fee. This may be done online at the Career Services registration information page.
- UM-Ann Arbor’s Career Center Job Postings
- Michigan Nonprofit Association Classified Ads
- Dearborn Public Schools Job Postings
- Detroit Public Schools Job Postings
- Oakland County Consortium Job Postings
- Wayne County RESA Job listings website
- Washtenaw County - Intermediate School District - Note: Scroll down to the middle of the page for district links.
- Michigan.gov Career Portal: Michigan Teacher, Support Staff, Administrator, & College Faculty -- Job Openings - Note: scroll to the bottom for more career links.