The Elliott Initiative, launched in 2010, is an inter-disciplinary initiative designed to promote academic quality in the College of Business and benefit the community. The initiative includes a workshop series, Advancing Business Skills, which was inaugurated in summer 2015. The initiative also includes teaching, research, and community service activities, including grants for both academic research and community engagement projects.
Edward W. Elliott, Jr. (BBA '67) has made the generous gift for this initiative in memory of his late wife Betty F. Elliott (BBA '67).
Elliott Initiative Educational Opportunities
- Advancing Business Skills Workshops (summer 2015)
Elliott Initiative Theme Years
- Doing Business in Detroit: Entrepreneurship and Commercialization (2013-14)
- Doing Business in Detroit: Urban Entrepreneurship (2012-2013)
- Financial Literacy (2011-2012)
- The Business of Sustainability (2010-2011)