Health Referral Services
Dear Student, Faculty and Staff:
If you are ill at any time and wish medical treatment, please take the following steps:
1) Visit Counseling & Disability Services, located in 2157 UC, to complete authorization forms.
Fall & Winter Office hours:
- Monday & Thursday, 8:00 am-6:00 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Summer Office hours:
- Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
2) Pay a $ 10.00 fee before leaving Counseling & Disability Services (C&DS). This $10.00 fee will pay for cost not covered by your personal insurance for services of the doctor for the initial office visit to Internal Medicine. UM-Dearborn will not be responsible for any fees incurred for lab test, x-rays, follow-up physician care, or dental treatment. (Note: C&DS will cover insurance co-pays/deductibles up to $25.).
3) Call the call center at (313) 982-8305 for a same day appointment in Internal Medicine at Henry Ford Medical Center-Fairlane.
- Monday & Tuesday, 8am-7:00pm;
- Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 8am-4pm; and Saturday 8am-11:00am
4) If you receive a bill following treatment or have any question regarding a bill, please immediately contact Counseling & Disability Services in 2157 UC (313) 593-5430.
5) If you become ill during a non-school day or after office hours, contact Internal Medicine directly at (313) 982-8305 to schedule an appointment Afterwards you must immediately contact Counseling & Disability Services at (313)593-5430 during normal office hours (see above) to fill out the proper authorization form so your HFMC-FL visit in Internal Medicine may then be retroactively approved. Note: Retroactive approvals will only be given if you contact Counseling & Disability Services within 2 weeks of treatment.
You are entitled to this service even if you have or do not have Student Health Insurance.
THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED ONLY AT:
HENRY FORD MEDICAL CENTER-FAIRLANE
19401 HUBBARD DRIVE