Thank you for your interest in the University of Michigan-Dearborn Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) programs. Please visit the Applications page to submit applications online and the Tuition and Fees page for our program rates and the tuition calculator.
If you have any additional questions about the ECEC programs, please feel free to call the Center at 313-593-5424.
The ECEC enrolls approximately 160 children per school year beginning with currently enrolled children. All interested families are asked to complete an application to be placed on a wait list until enrollment for current families is completed. Please note that completing a wait list application does not guarantee enrollment for the upcoming school year. Enrollment is based on availability.
If our program is full before we reach your designated enrollment period, your application will remain on the wait list to be contacted in the event of cancellations. If there are no cancellations, your application will remain on the wait list for the next school year.
If you do not come in person to schedule your child by the end of the enrollment period for this year, your application will be removed from the wait list and you will be asked to reapply for future enrollment.
2016-2017 Enrollment Timetable
Specific enrollment dates are set for the wait list based on ECEC enrollment priority. Families may enroll IN PERSON at the ECEC office on the dates specified for their category or any time thereafter during scheduled enrollment days. Families will be enrolled on a first-come, first-serve basis during their enrollment week. If multiple families show up at the same time, you will be assigned numbers in order of arrival.
Please bring with you:
- Deposit of $375 part-time / $750 full-time (cash, check or credit card accepted)
- Copy of your child's birth certificate or proof of age
- Copy of your child's immunization record
Please be prepared to do the following on enrollment day:
- Choose your child's schedule based on availability (you may want to have a second choice ready in case your first choice is not available)
- Fill out an online Child Info/Emergency Card (include's doctor's address/phone, people who are allowed to pick up your child)
- Fill out an online Intake Form (includes medical/special needs info, your child's likes/dislikes and behaviors)
- Meet with our business manager for a tuition estimate and to review the Financial Agreement.
Failure to bring the required documentation may result in a delay in enrollment.
The enrollment timetable for the 2016-2017 school year will be posted by January 2017.
Kindergarten spots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children must be 5 years old by September 1, 2015 to enroll in the UM-Dearborn ECEC Kindergarten for the 2015-2016 school year. To learn more about the UM-Dearborn ECEC Kindergarten, please call 313-593-5424 to schedule a tour.