The University of Michigan-Dearborn is an interactive, student-centered institution committed to excellence in teaching and learning.
We offer undergraduate, graduate and professional education to a diverse, highly motivated and talented student body. Our programs are responsive to the changing needs of society; relevant to the goals of our students and community partners; rich in opportunities for independent and collaborative study, research and practical application; and reflective of the traditions of excellence, innovation and leadership that distinguish the University of Michigan.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Integrating teaching, research and service in ways that enhance the learning experience
- Providing a dynamic environment where innovation, openness and creativity are fostered
- Using advanced technologies to meet changing educational needs and establish links with the global community and
- Forging partnerships with business, industry, educational institutions and government agencies
We strive to be the institution of choice in southeastern Michigan for individuals and organizations that value accessibility, flexibility, affordability, diversity and preeminence in education.
The mission of the Early Childhood Education Center is threefold, that is to serve as a(n):
- Early learning center educating the whole child physically, intellectually, emotionally, socially, linguistically and aesthetically to develop 21st century thinkers and leaders.
- Model teacher preparation site to educate University students for positions in the early childhood and elementary teaching profession.
- Research site for studying the development of young children and the best practices for their education and care.