City Year Alumni Scholarships
The University of Michigan-Dearborn salutes City Year Detroit Program participants for their service and metropolitan impact. The University of Michigan-Dearborn will award at least 2 two-year scholarships to students who successfully complete the City Year Detroit experience. Up to $5,350 is available each year, up to two years (four semesters). This scholarship is a match scholarship, awarded during every academic year period (September through August; Fall/Winter/Summer semesters).
- Student must provide documentation demonstrating successful completion of the City Year Detroit program.
- Student may be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree (post-baccalaureate certificates and teacher certifications are excluded)
- Student may be a Michigan resident or a non-Michigan resident.
- Student must meet the admission requirements to the University for their respective degree program.
- If a student is eligible for more than one UM-Dearborn funded scholarship, the scholarship of greater value will be awarded. Students receiving UM-Dearborn funded scholarships may also be considered for endowed or donor scholarships.The City Year Alumni Scholarship is a UM-Dearborn funded scholarship.
- Scholarship recipient is expected to enroll on a full-time status (12 or more credits). Students enrolling at less than full-time status, but no less than half-time status (6 credits) will receive a prorated scholarship amount and will still use a full semester of scholarship eligibility.
- The Scholarship is available for up to 4 semesters (2 years).
To be considered for a City Year Alumni Scholarship, the student must provide City Year documentation (signed City Year Certificate of Graduation) to the Director of Admissions and Orientation (1145 University Center) after admission. The Office of Admissions and Orientation will make the scholarships offer and notify the Office of Financial Aid to place the scholarship on the student's account.