Fall Financial Aid Update
Book Voucher Process
On Monday, August 17, 2015, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships began sending eligible students a courtesy electronic book voucher. The email will be automatically sent to your university email, if you are eligible!
The following conditions apply:
- First Round are available Monday, August 17 through Friday, August 28.
- Second Round will begin Thursday, September 4 through Friday, September 18.
- Only available to students whose financial aid disbursement will cover all Student Account charges for the term and the amount of the the tuition and fee charges and the amount of the book voucher.
- Only available to students whose financial aid application and corresponding requirements requirements are complete and are awaiting disbursement (e.g., accepted awards, Promissory Notes, Entrance Counseling requirements have been submitted).
- Not available to those whose financial aid application is not complete.
- Not available to student who have already ready received their disbursement.
Online shopping is also an option! Go to umd.bncollege.com/ and click on "textbooks" to begin shopping.
- Initial awards are based on the assumption of full-time enrollment.
- Undergraduates enrolled less than full-time, but at least half-time, will need their awards to be reviewed and revised before disbursement will occur.
- To request a revision, send an email with a subject Fall Enrollment containing your name, UMID#, and the final number of credit hours for the semester.
Undergraduate Enrollment Status and Credits
Number of Credits
12 + credit hours
9 -11 credit hours
6 – 8 credit hours
Less than 1/2-Time*
1 – 5 credit hours
*Please note that students enrolled at less than half-time are seldom eligible for financial aid.
- Graduate students enrolled at least half-time (4 credits or more) and have accepted their aid will automatically disburse without enrollment confirmation.
- Grant awards will automatically prorate to the actual enrollment status (e.g., reduce 25% for 3/4-Time enrollment or 50% for 1/2-Time Enrollment).
- Students who add classes after their financial aid has been disbursed may create a Student Account balance that must be paid by the student.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit if you are expecting a refund. Direct deposits (E-refunds) are processed before mailed checks.
- 08/31/15 = First Fall 2015 disbursement: E-refunds within 5 days/checks within 14 days
- 09/03/15 = Second Fall 2015 disbursement:E-refunds within 5 days/checks within 14 days
- 09/09/15 = Fall classes begin
- 09/21/15 = Third Fall 2015 disbursement: E-refunds within 5 days/checks within 14 days (Monday and Thursday disbursements thereafter)
- 09/22/15 = Last day to Add/Drop classes without financial penalty
- 09/23/15 = Fall 2015 Tuition Due
- You may have previously received a financial aid award for the Fall 2014 and Winter 2015 semesters. However, at the conclusion of Summer 2015 semester, if your SAP status calculates as ineligible, the previously awarded funds will not disburse.
- If it is necessary to appeal the suspension of your financial aid, the appeal form needs to be submitted with 45 days of the start of the term.
- All changes to one's class schedule must be officially recorded via the Office of Records and Registration (at Enrollment Services).
- Drops, withdrawals, or walking away from classes may have a negative impact on ones' SAP status (and therefore on financial aid eligibility).