IN CASE OF IMMINENT OR ACTUAL FLOODING:
1. If you can safely do so,
- Secure vital equipment, records, and hazardous materials (chemical, biological,
and/or radioactive) - move to higher, safer ground.
- Shut off all electrical equipment.
- Secure all laboratory experiments.
- Wait for instructions from Public Safety for immediate action.
2. Do not return to your building until you have been instructed to do so by Public Safety.
3. If assisting in cleanup, report to the OSEH office any oil, chemical, or radioactive materials suspected of mixing with the floodwaters.
4. Do not dump floodwater down the storm drain.
Minor or area flooding of campus could be a result of major rainstorms, a water main break, or loss of power to sump pumps. In case of imminent, weather-related flooding, Public Safety will monitor the National Weather Service and other emergency advisories to determine necessary action.