Welcome to the University of Michigan-Dearborn!
We are anticipating your arrival on campus to continue your journey of knowledge with us.
Orientation is designed to help you succeed academically, adjust to collegiate life, and meet new friends and peers along the way. UM-Dearborn has great expectations of you and likewise, you should have great expectations of the University staff and faculty to speed you on your way to earning the degree that makes the difference.
We are all looking forward to meeting you and supporting you through your years here with the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Welcome to the Michigan family and GO BLUE!
Assistant Director for Orientation Programs
Fall 2015 Orientation dates will be announced in February 2015.
At Orientation, you will:
- Learn about academics at the University
- Learn about the University’s expectations
- Find out how to get involved on campus
- Learn about the facilities and resources available to you
- Meet other incoming students as well as current students who can give you a glimpse into campus life
- Select and register for classes for the upcoming semester
- Be reassured that the University of Michigan-Dearborn is the right place for you to continue your education
Four Phases of Orientation
- Placement Exam(s)
- Freshman Orientation Session
- W.O.W Outdoor Program
- Student Success Workshop/Convocation
For information about Freshman Orientation, call the Office of Admissions and Orientation at 313-593-5100.