How to Check Your Application Status
One of the many benefits to applying online is the ability to log in at anytime to check for updates on your application. Please allow five business days from initial submission before starting to monitor. Note that applications are not sent for decision review until all required supplemental materials are received and processed.
When applying to a program with rolling admission, complete files are generally reviewed within two weeks. When applying to a program with a hard deadline, all complete applications are reviewed at once and a decision will not come until after the review committee has met.
Processing of incoming materials currently takes 3-5 business days. Please take note of this as you check your status.
To Check Your Status:
- Go to the Admissions application website
- Use the login ID and PIN you created when completing your web application, and click "login"
- Select your desired admission term under "Submitted Applications" or "Processed Applications"
- The Application Summary will be updated as your application progresses through the process
The amount of summary detail will increase throughout your file's review. Pay special attention to the following areas as they become available:
- Requirements: Dates indicate when item(s) are received. Blank areas indicate which item(s) are outstanding or not yet processed. An item will not be marked as received until processing is complete.
- Decision: This section appears once a decision is made.
- The Status column of the Requirements Summary will not update at any time.
- International transcripts will require an additional internal evaluation, which will appear in your checklist as "UM-Dearborn Transcript Review". If further items are required to complete this evaluation, you will be contacted directly. Your status will remain "Incomplete" until the review is completed. We do not provide a timeline for completion of this review as it varies greatly depending on when your file was ready for the review, how familiar your evaluator is with your institution, and the overall volume of transcripts ready for the review.
All of the following must be received in order to conduct the review:
- Submitted application
- Official or institution-attested academic records required by country
- English language proficiency met per university guidelines
- Additional items may appear on your checklist as needed.
Please contact Graduate Admissions with any questions about the admissions process.