How to Check Your Application Status
One of the many benefits to applying online is the ability to log in at anytime to check for updates on your application. Please allow five business days from initial submission before starting to monitor. Note that applications are not sent for decision review until all required supplemental materials are received. When applying to a program with rolling admission, complete files are generally reviewed within two weeks. When applying to a program with a hard deadline, all complete applications are reviewed at once and a decision will not come until at least two weeks after the application deadline.
To Check Your Status:
- Log into the Apply for Admission section on the application website
- Use the login ID and PIN you created when completing your web application, and click "login"
- Select your desired admission term under "Submitted Applications" or "Processed Applications"
- The Application Summary will be updated as your application progresses through the process
The amount of summary detail will increase throughout your file's review. Pay special attention to the following areas as they become available:
- Requirements: Dates indicate when item(s) are received. Blank areas indicate which item(s) are outstanding or not yet processed.
- Decision: This section appears once a decision is made.
Please note: International transcripts will require an additional evaluation, which will appear in your checklist as "UM-Dearborn Transcript Review". If further items are required to complete this evaluation, you will be contacted directly.
Please contact Graduate Admissions with any questions about the admissions process.