Applying for Admission as a Freshman
By completing the admissions application by the priority application deadline of December 15, you are automatically considered for various freshman scholarships. Otherwise, applications are accepted until the first day of classes each semester and scholarship are awarded as funds are available. All components of an application are reviewed personally by an Admissions Counselor.
Admission criteria for Freshmen include*:
- Academic performance in grades 10-12
- Your GPA will be recalculated based on your high school grades earned in core academic subject areas. We will award extra credit for approved AP, IB, and Honors courses provided you earn a passing grade.
- The GPA recalculation is done at the time of application.
- ACT and/or SAT test scores
- The highest composite test score is used in the Admission decision.
- Newer scores should be sent to the University as they are available.
- Trend of grades and mix of academic courses
How to Apply:
- Submit your Online Application**.
(By applying online, your $30 fee is waived and you can check your application status online.)
- Fill out the High School Transcript Request Form and turn it in to your high school counselor. For an admission decision, it is necessary that your counselor provide a copy of your official high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores. School Codes= ACT: 2074 SAT: 1861
- If you attended any college/university classes while in high school (i.e. dual enrollment), request that a copy of your official college/university transcripts be sent directly to the University.
- Send all materials to the Office of Admissions and Orientation
*All applicants must graduate from an approved and/or accredited secondary school, home school or present a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Students with at least a 600 GED score (Battery Average Score) will be considered for admission. Students who take college coursework while in high school (i.e. dual enrollment) are considered freshmen.
**If you prefer to not apply online, print and fill out this paper Application for Admission (pdf)
($30 application fee will apply).