To register for the MELAB exam at the University of Michigan-Dearborn you must first download the MELAB identification form and determine your testing date.
Please note that a recent passport size photo must be attached to the form.
MELAB Registration Instructions:
- Fill in the MELAB Identification Form. You may complete on line and print out or print out and neatly print the information. Caution: The form does not save your information.
- Put your Name and Birthdate EXACTLY as it appears on your Passport
- Attach a passport size photograph to the form
- Sign the form
- Include payment. Must be a Cashier’s Check written to the University of Michigan-Dearborn with MELAB Fees on the memo line.
- All information must be received by the Office of International Affairs prior to the registration deadline for your desired test date. Bring or mail the form with your application documents to:
University of Michigan-Dearborn
Office of International Affairs ELPP Program
4901 Evergreen Road, 2174 UC
Dearborn, Michigan 48128
MELAB Without Speaking: $150 per candidate
Extra Score Reports: $20 if requested at time of exam, $25 if requested after exam
Rush Score Reports: $70 if requested at time of exam ( up to two reports mailed to institutions)
MELAB Rescoring: $60 per section (request must be made 30 days from receipt of test scores)
For questions please contact the UM-Dearborn Office of International Affairs at ESLProgram@umd.umich.edu or 313-583-6600.