When To Change Your Password
You should change your password if:
- You have had the same password for more than 6 months
- You have logged onto a system in another city or campus.
- You have shared your password with anyone.
- Your password does not meet recommended guidelines.
Changing Your Dearborn and UMICH Password
- Using a web browser go to http://directory.umd.umich.edu/
- Select My Account from the gold toolbar at the top of the screen
- Type in your uniqname and click Continue
- Type in your current password and click Continue
- From the General options listed on the left, select Password
- Type your current password in the box indicated
- Type your new password twice in the boxes indicated
- You will note that you can change both your Dearborn and UMICH passwords from this screen. It is suggested that you make both passwords the same. If the UMICH Password option is not available and you know your UMICH password, you wll need to reset it through Ann Arbor's weblogin service (see below).
- Click on Change Password to submit the change.
- The system will tell you if you were successful or that the password you selected is Too Obvious.
- If it is too obvious you will have to select a different password that conforms to the requirements.
Changing Just Your UMICH Password
- Using a web browser, go to https://weblogin.umich.edu.
- On the login screen, enter your uniqname and current UMICH password.If you do not know your UMICH password, contact the ITS Accounts Office for assistance.
- From the list of options, select kpasswd: Change Your Kerberos Password
- Enter your current UMICH password in the box indicated
- Enter your new password twice in the boxes indicated
- If your password is accepted, you will be prompted to enter a Hint and Challenge to assist you if you should have trouble remembering your password in the future.
- Return to the Service Menu to Logout.
Please note that changing your UMICH password does not change your Dearborn password.