Changing your UMICH Password:
- Click Login in the upper right corner
- The Login ID is your uniqname
- Enter your current UMICH password
- You will be prompted to complete security questions, review your answers and save.
- Enter an external email address for response if you forget your UMICH password.
- Once your security questions are set, you will see an option to change your UMICH password
- If you do not know your UMICH password, please contact the ITS Accounts Office or the ITS Help Desk
When to Change Your Password
You should change your password if:
- You have had the same password for more than 6 months
- You have logged onto a system in another city or campus
- You have shared your password with anyone.
- Your password does not meet recommended guidelines.
Guidelines for Choosing a Password
Passwords must be at least 9 characters
- Passwords must contain upper and lowercase letters and numbers. Numbers must be between letters.
- Do not use blank spaces.
- Passwords should be something you can easily remember, yet hard for someone else to guess. For example, a phrase like "too hot today for me" could be 2Ht2dy4me
- Passwords cannot be all numbers, and cannot contain alphabetic or numerical sequences (i.e., cde or 345).
- Passwords cannot be a proper name or a word recognized by any dictionary. That includes words from another language. Do not use your initials preceded or followed by numbers.
- If you need help creating random passwords, use an online tool that will do it for you http://www.winguides.com/security/password.php
For more information, go to:
Choosing and Changing a Safe and Secure UMICH Password