Welcome to the LGBTQA - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Ally Website!
The University of Michigan-Dearborn offers LGBTQA - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Ally services through its Coordinator of LBGTQ and Inclusion Initiatives to assist with the creation and maintenance of a safe, open, inclusive and productive environment for people of all sexualities and gender identities. We provide LGBTQA programming, support, and resources intended to raise awareness regarding gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer (GLBTQ) issues. Through education and conversation, we endeavor to diminish the negative effects of homophobic, transphobic, and heterosexist attitudes and behaviors on the University community.
Examples of specific services that we provide include:
(1) Ally training. The Students, Staff, Administrators & Faculty for Equality (S.A.F.E) Program at the University of Michigan-Dearborn provides an avenue through which all people can actively show their support of lesbian, gay. bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people;
(2) Events Calendar. The University of Michigan-Dearborn maintains a calendar of events providing an institutional reference point for LGBTQA activity on campus.
(3) Programming. Through panels, forums, and presentations, students are provided educational opportunities.
(4) Resources and Support. Students have access to information, referrals, educational brochures, casual conversations, connections, and other coming out resources.
(5) Campus Climate. The University monitors the campus climate for LGBTQA individuals and seeks to improve it.