The ITS HelpDesk
is your first point of contact for service and support, providing front-line assistance for all technology needs for both administrative and academic areas across campus. We are able to help with concerns remotely over the phone, assist with walk-ins, and also provide deskside and classroom assistance. Our technicians handle calls and requests including resolution of classroom emergency calls. Walk-in locations are in Mardigian Library 1070B and Fairlane Center South 186A, with phone support M-Th 8am-8pm & F 8am-5pm during regular class sessions.
Services provided by the ITS Helpdesk & Desktop Support Team
- Resetting UMICH passwords
- Resetting of Voice Mail Pin numbers
- MToken distribution center for new or replacement hardware MTokens
- Notification of outages for University wide services (Banner, ImageNow, Network)
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting for University desktops, laptops, and printers
- Installation of third party software on Univeristy owned devices
- Purchasing recommendations for office hardware, software, and printers
- Audio Visual equipment installations for office and conference rooms
- Imaging of University computers with standard software load
- Connecting computers and printers to our network.
- Wireless connectivity, including assisting with mobile devices
- Access to network resources
- Clean up and remediation of viruses and malware
- Sanitizing older computers and preparing for disposal
- Moving of office phones, computers, and printers
Services provided by University Business Systems
For business system project requests related to the Banner Student Information System and other consulting services such as custom reporting needs, custom software, software/vendor recommendations and analysis, please visit University Business Systems.