Change of Grades

The grade that an instructor records on the final grade sheet and that appears on the student's subsequent transcript is assumed to be final; that is, the instructor's official evaluation of all of a student's performance and work completed by the official end of the term (the last day of the final examination week).

Recognizing that mistakes can be made, UM-Dearborn permits a student to ask an instructor for a review of a grade within the four-month period after the end of the term involved. After a four-month period has passed, a student may initiate a request for a review only through the petition process involving the studentís school or college Academic Standards Committee (or comparable group), whose decision shall be final. Such a review is entirely separate and distinct from the circumstances involving an X (Absent from Final Examination), I (Incomplete Coursework), or a Y (Course Extends Beyond Term).