Degree Works is a web-based degree audit tool that will help students electronically monitor their progress toward degree completion. This tool greatly enhances and assists students in navigating curriculum requirements.
Degree Works combines the University of Michigan-Dearborn's degree requirements and the student’s completed and in-progress coursework into an easy-to-read worksheet that will help students see how courses completed at UM-Dearborn, and courses transferred from other schools count toward degree requirements. Degree Works also displays for students the courses and requirements that still need to be completed. This system is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions. We anticipate that this tool will enhance efficiencies and foster more personal interactions between advisors and students.
Highlights of Degree Works include:
- Supports real time delivery of progress towards degree completion, 24/7
- Provides a clear picture of degree requirements to help you navigate the most effective path to graduation
- Minimizes errors through consistent degree plans and promotes uniformity in advising
- Students have the ability to map their schedule for future terms and display how future courses fit into requirements
- The “What if?” feature displays scenarios that allow students and advisors to understand the impact of every academic option.
- The online environment reduces paperwork and manual degree checklists
The degree compliance audits that are produced by Degree Works are dependent on a student’s major/concentration, and are organized by blocks. The blocks show what requirements are needed for a specific degree, major or minor, and help students to determine what is needed to fulfill the requirements within each block. Data is extracted from the Student Information System into Degree Works on a nightly basis. Any change to your record in the Student Information System will not be reflected in Degree Works until the next day.
For questions regarding your Degree works audit, contact your academic advisor.
Degree Works Audit is available for students who were admitted or readmitted to a degree program in Fall 2013 or later.