UM-Dearborn Connect Registration and Records

Name Change

A request to change your name with the University of Michigan-Dearborn must be made in writing at the Office of Registration and Records.  Requests are accepted via mail, fax, or in person.  Please complete a Name Change Form and provide legal document, i.e. driver's license, marriage certificate, social security card, etc. reflecting your new name.

If you are an employee (faculty, staff, or student), you must also contact the Human Resources Office regarding a name change.

If you have not requested a change of name with the Social Security Administration, please apply for a new social security card with the nearest Social Security Administration Office. (Note: You will need to bring an original legal document reflecting your new name to support your request for a name change. Examples of accepted legal documents include a birth certificate, marriage license, divorce decree, etc.)

Social Security Online allows you to update your Social Security Card information.