Provides emergency food vouchers, legal services, rent & mortgage assistance and community health services.
Hours: M-F 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Clothing Closet and Soup Kitchen
Soup Kitchen open M, W, F, Sat: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Sun: 1:00 p.m. -2:30 p.m.
Catholic Social Services
Emergency Food Program
- Oakland County: Pontiac, (248) 333-3700
- Macomb County: Mt. Clemens, (586) 416-2300
- Washtenaw County: Ann Arbor, (734) 971-9781
- Wayne County: Detroit, (313) 883-2100
24/7 shelter which offeres many programs for people who seek shelter including life skills, financial planning, health/mental health, jobs.
Provides food and clothes closets
- Community Lutheran Church; Contact Judith Watkins (734) 782-0563; 23984 Gibraltar, Flat Rock; Food Pantry is open Wednesdays 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., call first.
- Focus Hope; (313) 494-4600
- Gabriel Richard Center; (313) 271-6000; For students of UM-D & HFCC, call first.
- Macomb Food Program; (586) 469-6004
- New Life Food Pantry; (586) 771-0308; 16975 Twelve Mile Road Roseville.
- Open Door; 248-360-2930; Specific areas @ White Lake, call first.
- Warren Community Food Pantry; (586) 755-6767; 8150 Chapp Warren
Furniture Bank of Oakland County
Hours: M-F 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
United Way; (313) 226-9888
Gleaners; (313) 923-3535; Emergency food distribution system. Also has a Neighborhood Service Organization 24-Hour Emergency Help Line (313) 224-7000.
Grace Centers of Hope
Pontiac , MI
30-Day Shelter for men and women
Provides three meals a day for the hungry.
Haven of Oakland County
Information & Referral Center
Links people to resources: Food, shelter, emergency assistance.
International Institute of Metro Detroit, Inc.
Detroit , MI
Provides social work services: request for furniture and other household items, adult and children's clothing, infant formula and diapers, transportation services, and for handicap medical equipment.
Services for North Oakland County: Help with bills, food, prescriptions, rent & security deposit.
Lighthouse Career Dress
(248) 920-6100 EXT. 2238
Hours: M-TH 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., F 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
North Bloomfield Properties
Provides a list of rental properties for low-income individuals.
Oakland County Community Service
Provides food and clothing for low-income individuals.
Oakland County Housing
Tenants rights advocacy, information and resources related to housing, 1 st time buyer clinics and mortgage counseling.
Provides funds for gas, electric and water shutoff notices.
Food pantry, clothing, emergency financial aid for parts of Waterford, West Bloomfield, Commerce, Walled Lake & White Lake, and others.
PATH ( Pontiac Area Transitional Housing)
Limited to mothers and children who must be in a shelter for at least 24-hours prior to calling.
Pontiac Housing Commission
Section 8 Housing Office
Rochester Neighborhood House
Services: Rochester, Rochester Hills, Oakland Township
Provides food and clothing. Has transportation for emergences (i.e. medical)
- Church; (248) 334-2407
- Counseling, Domestic Violence, Emergency Assistance; Dearborn Heights; (313) 563-4457
- Children's & Maternity Services; Detroit; (313) 537-2130
- Down River; (734) 282-0930
- General number; Gas & Light Utility Bills; (248) 443-5500
- Harbor Light; (800) 274-3583
- Homeless Program 800-A-Shelter
- Shelter, Soup kitchen, Substance abuse, transitional housing; Grand Blvd. office; (313) 964-5401
- Shelter; Macomb; (810) 754-7400
- Shelter, Soup kitchen, Substance abuse; Park Ave office; (313) 964-0577
- Substance abuse; Monroe; (734) 241-0440
- Thrift Shop; (248) 338-9601
- Wayne/Westland 734-722-3660
- Capuchin Soup Kitchen; (313) 579-2100; Detroit.
- Fort Street Presbyterian Church; (313) 961-4533; Detroit; Hot meal Thursdays, 9-11 a.m.
- St. Leo's Soup Kitchen; (313) 897-6565; Detroit.
Southfield Human Services Department; (248) 796-4540
Resources for Southfield residents: assistance with food, shelter, utilities, medications, and clothing
South Oakland Shelter
Royal Oak, MI
In-take shelter. Provides utility and financial assistance.
St. Vincent de Paul Society
(877) 788-4623 or (313) 972-3100
- At center: 3000 Gratiot Detroit, MI, the following services are available: non-acute health and dental care centers, thrift store, emergency food depot, and legal assistance.
- The Matchan Nutrition Center in Pontiac serves meals twice weekly at noon.
Traveler's Aid Society
Contact: Richard Anderson (313) 962-6740
- To provide emergency and crisis assistance to people moving into, out of, or within metropolitan Detroit.
- Stabilization services to homeless families (i.e. assistance with permanent housing placement; job skill development and placement services, referrals to substance abuse programs).
- Emergency financial assistance for food in cases where immediate consumption is medically indicated. Small financial assistance for food to those relocating to home state.
- Emergency transportation in the form of bus tickets, cab rides, and non-local Greyhound fares.
Refers people to the food pantry and the clothing closet
Hours: September - April, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
May - August, 9:00 a.m. - Noon (Has a 24-hour message service)
Wayne County Shelter Referral
(Can call collect 24/7)
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency
- Food Assistance; Contact Shirley Moore (313) 843-2550; Ecorse.
- Outreach Worker; Contact Lavita Curry (313) 843-2550
- Region 4; Contact Cheryl Cooper (734) 955-6752
Oak Park , MI
Provides groceries. To obtain this service, the person needs an I.D. for the head of the Household and the social security numbers and date of births for everyone in the house.