Special Note for Canadian Citizens

Canadian Citizens are not required to obtain a U.S. visa to enter the United States. However, Canadian applicants will still need to be issued a Certification of Eligibility (I-20 or DS-2019).  The required financial resources that must be documented are less or border commuting students.  See the separate Canadian Financial Affidavits in the forms section.  A U.S. Immigration officer will inspect your papers, either at a pre-inspection site in Canada or upon entry to the U.S. You must have with you proof of Canadian citizenship, your admission letter to the University of Michigan-Dearborn, your Certification of Eligibility (I-20 or DS-2019), and proof of financial support that corresponds to the information on your I-20 or DS-2019. The border will issue an I-94 document.