Archiving Master Thesis Completion Checklist
- Once a recommendation from the thesis committee has been granted, please send an electronic copy of your thesis in Microsoft Word format to the Office of Graduate Studies at email@example.com. Be sure to follow the format provided.
- Once the Office of Graduate Studies has approved your format check you will receive an email notification. The university requires two copies of the masterís thesis: one for the library and one for the library archives. Please provide two single-sided copies of the completed thesis on plain white paper and the original approval page to the Office of Graduate Studies. There is no charge to the student for the two required bounded copies.
- If the studentís department requires bounded copies of the thesis, there is a charge of $10.85 per copy (as of September 21, 2015). Please provide a single-sided copy of the completed thesis for each copy needed for the department on plain white paper and a copy of the approval page to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- If desired, students may purchase personal copies of their bounded thesis for $10.85 per copy (as of September 21, 2015) through the bindery used by the university. Please provide an additional single-sided copy of the thesis for each personal copy needed, and a check made payable to the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
- Once the printed copy and signed approval page have been received, you and your department will receive notification from the Office of Graduate Studies that you have passed the format check and provided the necessary documentation.
- If additional copies are purchased for the department or personal use, please complete the Thesis Contact Information Sheet. You will receive notification through the provided contact information that your bounded copies can be picked up from the Office of Graduate Studies.