Congratulations to your graduate! We hope you are able to come to the Commencement Ceremony and celebrate this special day.
General Admission Seating
General Seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
All family members and guest attending the commencement ceremony, including children over the age of 2, must have a ticket to enter the Crisler Center.
The ceremony is expected to last approximately 2 hours.
Wheelchair Accessible Seating
Wheelchair accessible seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. For every guest with a wheelchair, one companion ticket will be provided.
Limited Mobility Seating
Guests with mobility concerns are eligible to sit in limited mobility seating rows that require minimal stair climbing. Availability will be based on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Persons with Disabilities
The University of Michigan strives to ensure that all graduates and guests can participate fully in this program. On commencement day, staff will be available throughout Michigan Stadium to assist anyone with disabilities. Accessible restrooms are located near all entrances.
Sign Language Interpretation
An American Sign Language interpreter will be present on stage for the duration of our ceremony.
All Crisler Center entrances are fully accessible. The Southwest entrance, at ground level is the main point of entry for guest with limited mobility or guests who use a wheelchair.
All entrances will open at 12:30 p.m.
There are 2 options available to easily get into the Crisler Center:
- Northeast Entrance (elevator/escalator use is required) – Park in the accessible parking lot (state permit required).
- Southwest Entrance (official accessible drop-off gate) – Drop off your party at the Southwest Entrance (accessible drop-off gate), and proceed to park in one of the general parking lots, or the accessible lot mentioned above (state permit required).
To ensure a safe, comfortable environment and enjoyable Commencement Ceremony, the following items are prohibited from being brought into the Crisler Center:
- Oversized bags (anything that cannot fit comfortably under your seat)
- Containers of any kind (including coolers, thermoses, cups, bottles, cans, flasks)
- Aerosol and Spray Cans
- Animals (except service animals for persons with a disability)
- Flags with Flagpoles
- Food of any kind
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Apparel or signage displaying profane or abusive language
- Cameras with a lens longer than 6 inches
- Noisemakers (including but not limited to whistles, air horns, boom boxes, bull horns, kazoos, sirens, thunder sticks, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Video Camera, tripods and selfie sticks
The University of Michigan reserves the right to prohibit the carrying of any other item into the arena. Decisions on which items to prohibit will be made contingent upon security briefings by law enforcement agencies. Exceptions for medical or personal care reasons (e.g., diapers for a baby, medical prescriptions, etc.) will be addressed individually at the gates. The University of Michigan reserves the right to search or inspect such items and persons carrying them are encouraged to carry them into the arena in a clear plastic bag.
Photographs of all participating candidates will be taken by Graduation Images during the program. Degree candidates will also have the option to have a portrait taken prior to the beginning of the ceremony. Participants will receive a free proof and can order additional photographs.
DVDs of the Commencement Ceremonies will be available for purchase through the Dearborn Campus Video. Please allow 6 – 8 weeks for delivery. To order, please Campus Video at 313-593-5479. Order forms will also be available at the Commencement Ceremony.
Flowers will be available for purchase, from Commencement Flowers, at the Crisler Center on the day of the ceremony. In addition, Commencement Flowers provides guests with the opportunity to pre-order flowers directly from their website for pick-up at Crisler Center. Please visit their website for additional information: CommencementFlowers.com/uofmdearborn.