Office of International Affairs

Transfer to Another J Program

J-1 exchange visitors who plan to transfer to another institution must inform the International Office of their intent to do so prior to transferring so that this can be properly noted in the SEVIS system. Exchange visitors must complete the J-1 Transfer Out form and bring it to the International Office. Under the SEVIS system, the current J program and the transferring J program will work together to complete the transfer process. Your UM-Dearborn department supervisor will be contacted to confirm that your transfer is approved by the department.