Zagster Shut Down of Bikeshare
Due to the impact of COVID-19, Dearborn bikeshare through Zagster is currently shut down. The bikes and stations will be removed from campus by June 12. Riders should have received an email from Zagster with details on the closure. Riders with any questions about their account should contact email@example.com.
Zagster at UM-Dearborn
The Campus Bike Share Program offers a free way for faculty, staff, and students to explore the UM-Dearborn campus and the City of Dearborn. Read more about Zagster in Dearborn and how the UM-Dearborn Bike Share Program came to be.
The Zagster annual fee is waived for UM-Dearborn faculty, staff, and students. Unlimited bike rides of up to two (2) hours each are free. Bike rides lasting more than two (2) hours will incur a $2.00/hour fee.
Bike rental stations are located at the University Center, the Fairlane Center, the Union at Dearborn, and at multiple locations throughout the City of Dearborn. Bikes can be returned to any Zagster bike rental station.
Always practice bike safety guidelines. To learn how to become a Smart Cyclist, visit the League of American Cyclists. Remember:
- Riders should provide their own helmets (they are not included in rental).
- Use care when riding on sidewalks, remembering that pedestrians have the right-of-way.
- Using a cell phone while riding is prohibited.
- Riders should walk bikes across the HAWK crosswalk.
- Activate bike lights from dusk until dawn
- Additional safety tips can be found at https://support.zagster.com.
Rental Issue Resolution
Information on rental issues can be found at http://bike.zagster.com/dearborn.
- If a bike breaks down, contact Zagster right away at 202-999-3924 OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you think your Zagster bike has been stolen, contact UM-Dearborn Police and Public Safety at 313-593-5333. Then, contact Zagster at 202-999-3924.
- Always use the bike lock provided; You may be required to pay for the replacement of a lost or stolen bike.