Don't let the process of finding the right school intimidate you - all it takes is some good old-fashioned research!
Here are a few things to think about as you begin to explore the information and opportunities presented on this site and beyond. These items should be thought-provoking and will really help you get your college search started in the right direction.
- Think about WHY you want to attend college:
- what are the benefits?
- why is a degree so important?
- is it worth the expense?
- Consider all types of post-secondary institutions and figure out which one best fits your needs:
- four-year colleges or universities
- community, technical, or junior colleges
- Identify the RIGHT reasons to select a school:
- Good reason: "The majors they offer will position me for the future career I'm considering."
- Bad reason: "That's where all of my friends are going."
- Develop a list of school that you would like to visit and/or learn more about.
- Investigate how you will finance your education. The "sticker price" of a school is not always what it seems. The more you are educated about your financing options, the better decisions you will make.