The University of Michigan-Dearborn encourages high-achieving high school students to enroll in Advanced Placement (AP) courses and take the AP exams.  Scores of 3 or better typically earn college credit at UM-Dearborn, with some exceptions.  

Overview of the Process

Students are notified of amount of credit via a Transfer Equivalency Worksheet (TEW) sent after admission upon receipt of scores.  Credit will appear on your UM-Dearborn transcript and is viewable in UM-Dearborn Connect:

Select <Enter Secure Area>
Enter USERID and PIN
Select <Student>
Select <Student Records>
Select <Academic Transcript>
Select <Undergraduate>
Select <Unofficial Web Transcript>

If credit does not appear on your transcript within the first semester of attendance, please provide a copy of your scores to the Office of Admissions and Orientation.

For additional questions about the University's AP credit-granting practices, contact the Office of Admissions and Orientation at or 313-593-5100.  To request your scores be sent to UM-Dearborn, contact the College Board at 1-888-CALL4AP.

The awarding of college credits based on AP exam scores is subject to change at any time.