Information for Undergraduate Applicants


Translations are required for all documents not originally in English. These translations must be complete, word-for-word, and in the same format as the original document. You must submit both the original document and the translation to the Office of Admissions and Orientation.

High School Records

All freshmen must submit official transcripts for all years of secondary school work completed (U.S. and abroad). If your secondary school work has been completed in a country which has national standardized examinations, you must also submit official certificates showing results of these examinations ("O" or "A" levels, Baccalaureate, Standard X and XII, etc.).  See credential equivalencies by country.

Transfer students must provide proof of secondary school completion (diploma, final transcript, leaving certificate, examination certificate, etc.), but are usually not required to provide records from all years of secondary school. However, you must provide complete records if you have attended college for less than one year of full-time study.

View academic document requirements by country.

College and University Records 

Transfers must have official transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions and Orientation for all post-secondary institutions attended. Notarized copies may be acceptable from institutions outside the U.S. (if originals are typically difficult to obtain).

If you have attended college or university outside the U.S., there is an additional requirement. You must submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have attended outside the U.S. to Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for a course-by-course evaluation.

Please also send a copy of these records (and translations) to the Office of Admissions and Orientation for your file, as requested above. ECE also requires that you submit records from your last year of secondary school along with your college or university records.