Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I become a member of the University of Michigan-Dearborn Alumni Society?
- How much does the UM-Dearborn Alumni Society membership cost per year?
- What is the difference between the UM-Dearborn Alumni Society and the Alumni Association of The University of Michigan?
- What are the benefits of being a member of the Alumni Society?
- How do I update my contact information?
- How can I get U-M football tickets?
- How can I locate classmates and friends?
- How can I receive UM-Dearborn transcripts?
- How can I make a gift to UM-Dearborn?
- I'd like to visit the campus. How can I arrange a tour?
- UM-Dearborn Alumni by the Numbers
- Important PHONE NUMBERS
How do I become a member of the University of Michigan-Dearborn Alumni Society?
Any person who holds a graduate or undergraduate degree is automatically a member of the Alumni Society.
How much does the UM-Dearborn Alumni Society membership cost per year?
Membership is free.
What is the difference between the UM-Dearborn Alumni Society and the Alumni Association of The University of Michigan?
- The Alumni Association of the University of Michigan is an independent, worldwide organization that nurtures lifelong relationships with and among current and future Michigan alumni. As a committed partner of the University, the Association offers programs of relevance and service to alumni and creates support for the University. Underlying all that we do is the belief in the value of education to the well-being of society, and a commitment to integrity, diversity, and service.
- The University of Michigan-Dearborn Alumni Society is one of the constituent affiliates of the Alumni Association of the University of Michigan. The UM-Dearborn Alumni Society has its own advisory board. The Society provides a commonality of purpose through seminars, reunions, fund raising and other activities that focus on the University of Michigan-Dearborn. All graduates of the Dearborn campus are Alumni Society members. University of Michigan-Dearborn alumni assist in student recruitment and recognition, provide mentoring and guidance, foster award programs, and promote communication among alumni and the University of Michigan-Dearborn.To develop and strengthen a continuing relationship between alumni of a college and the students and faculty of that college, alumni affiliates have been structured in the College of Engineering and Computer Science, College of Business, College of Education, Health, and Human Services and the College of Arts, Sciences and Letters. African American alumni and graduates of the last decade have organized as program affiliates of the Society.
What are the benefits of being a member of the Alumni Society?
Watch for announcements of additional alumni benefits on this website.
- Library privileges, including free online research databases, with activation of a library card
- Semester long alumni enrichment classes
- Use of the on-campus Computer Center at yearly rates
- Email forwarding using a "@umd.umich.edu" address
- Fieldhouse and Wellness Center privileges with assigned charges
- Campus alumni publication, Legacy
- Monthly e-newsletter updates
- Job placement services for alumni
- Continuing education programs
- Access to the University Golf Course (Ann Arbor)
- Membership to the University of Michigan Credit Union
- Alumni MCard with assigned charges
- Networking and volunteer opportunities
How do I update my contact information?
Please remember to update your contact information any time it changes, to help Alumni Relations serve you better. You may also call Alumni Relations at 313-593-5131, fax at 313-593-0540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your contact information.
How can I get U-M football tickets?
Contact the U-M Athletic Office at 734-764-0247 or visit their website to obtain information on receiving an application for U-M season football tickets. You will need your 10-digit alumni LID number (000----------) to submit application for tickets. Due to the high volume of requests, all applications to the Athletic Department may not be fulfilled upon first request.
How can I locate classmates and friends?
Alumni Relations is the record keeper for our over 47,000 graduates.We will be more than happy to assist you in searches for classmates and friends you wish to contact. While no information from the alumni database will be released to anyone for business purposes, Alumni Relations will take the identification information you give, attempt to locate the person, and pass your wish to establish contact along to that UM-Dearborn graduate.
How can I receive UM-Dearborn transcripts?
Official transcripts can only be obtained from the UM-Dearborn Office of Registration and Records. Alumni Relations cannot prepare and send transcripts. Enrollment Services/Office of Registration and Records can provide procedural help and information in obtaining your transcript via phone at 313-583-6500 or on their website.
How can I make a gift to UM-Dearborn?
Many alumni support the University with financial contributions to scholarships, research, capital campaigns, memorials, or planned and estate giving. Gifts made to UM-Dearborn are received and administered by the Institutional Advancement Office. Gifts are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law, with special tax credits for Michigan residents for contributions to the University. Information on giving to UM-Dearborn can be obtained from Institutional Advancement at 313-593-5130.
I'd like to visit the campus. How can I arrange a tour?
For general tours of the campus, contact the UM-Dearborn Admissions Office at 313-593-5100. View the visits and events website for information for additional campus connection opportunities. For a tour to learn about the the history and development of UM-Dearborn showcasing over 50 years of philanthropy on campus, contact the Alumni Relations Office at 313-593-5131 or visit our website. Tours are by appointment only.
UM-Dearborn Alumni by the Numbers
- 44,587 Total Living Degree Holders
Following graduation, 79 percent of the University of Michigan-Dearborn alumni remain in Michigan.
- 35,284 inside the state of Michigan
- 32,127 in Detroit and Tri-County areas
- Wayne County - 20,303
- Oakland County - 9,636
- Macomb County - 2,188
- 9,303 outside the state of Michigan
Total number of graduates by academic unit:
- 19,297 - College of Arts, Sciences & Letters
- 10,134 - College of Business
- 12,043 - College of Engineering & Computer Science
- 6,671 - College of Education, Health, and Human Services
SOURCE: University of Michigan Development Systems Services, January 2012
Important PHONE NUMBERS
University of Michigan-Dearborn
- General Information - 313-593-5000
- Alumni Office/Alumni Records - 313-593-5131 Fax: 313-593-0540
- Admissions and Orientation - 313-593-5100
- Career Services - 313-593-5020
- Development Office - 313-593-5130
- Graduate Studies Programs - 313-593-1491
- Mardigian Library - 313-593-5400
- Registrar (diplomas, transcripts) - 313-583-6500
- U-M Credit Union (UM-Dearborn location) - 800-968-8628
- UM-Dearborn Athletics - 313-593-5440
- Wellness Center - 313-593-4599
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- General Information - 734-764-1817
- Alumni Association - 734-764-0384 or 800-847-4764
- Athletic Department/Sports Information - 734-763-4423
- Athletic Events Tickets (U-M) - 734-764-0247
- Golf Course (U-M) - 734-647-9766
- University Hospitals - 734-936-4000