Volunteer - Make a Difference
Alumni are a crucial component in building the University’s “Legacy of Excellence.” There are plenty of opportunities for alumni to play an instrumental role on campus. The possibilities of engagement are endless, however, a few ideas are listed below. Review this information and let us know how you would like to continue your University of Michigan–Dearborn legacy. GO BLUE!
Strengthen the relationship and engagement opportunities between UM-Dearborn, its alumni, students and campus community. The affiliate groups work on specific projects and events throughout the year. These activities may vary year to year but much of the work is done through ad hoc committees.
- Alumni Society Board
- African American Alumni Affiliate
- Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD)
Assist with planning or provide day of event support for programs and events held throughout the year. Opportunities include participating in planning committees, being guest speakers for programs, and general assistance at activities.
- Alumni Day
- Community Service Projects
- Homecoming Week
- Inclusion Receptions and Lunches
- Social Events and Outreach Activities
- Support UM-Dearborn Athletic Sports Teams
Professional and Educational Development
(Student and Alumni) – Opportunities to work with the Alumni Engagement Office, individual college/school program or Career Services in a variety of activities that help promote educational or professional development for students and alumni.
- Be a class guest speaker or event speaker
- Became a mentor for current students or participate in mock interviews
- Have your company join our student internship and co-op program
- Join one of our one-day community service activities held periodically throughout the year
- Have your company participate in annual Career Fairs
For more information on any of our volunteer opportunities fill out the interest form or contact:
Alumni Engagement Specialist