Bochen Jia, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
Biography and Education
Ph.D., Industrial & Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech
M.S., Industrial & Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech
M.S., Engineering Mechanics, Beijing Institute of Technology
B.S., Engineering Mechanics, Beijing Institute of Technology
- Jia B., Nussbaum M., Agnew M. (submitted), "A stimulation method to assess the contractile status of the lumbar extensors in a seated posture." Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology.
- Jia B., Kim S, Nussbaum M. (2011), "An EMG-based model to estimate lumbar muscle forces and spinal loads during complex, high-effort tasks: Development and application to residential construction using prefabricated walls." International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 41(5).
- Kim, S., M. A. Nussbaum, and Jia, B. (2012), "The benefits of an additional worker are task-dependent: Assessing low-back injury risks during prefabricated (panelized) wall construction." Applied Ergonomics 43(5): 843-849.
- Kim, S., Nussbaum, M. and Jia, B. (2011), "Low back injury risks during construction with prefabricated (panelised) walls: effects of task and design factors." Ergonomics 54(1): 11.
- Kim, S., Barker, L., Jia, B., Agnew, M., Nussbaum, M, (2009), "Effects of two hospital bed design features on physical demands and usability during brake engagement and patient transportation: A repeated measures experimental study." International Journal of Nursing Studies.46 (3), page 317-325.