Allies and Scholars receive Leadership Development training as a part of their service term. The training curriculum is grounded in the Public Allies values and the Leadership Actions. Public Allies’ core values are:
- Continuous Learning: Allies continuously learn about themselves and others and use that knowledge to strengthen their communities.
- Diversity: Allies respect and value diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences.
- Asset-Based Community Development: Allies discover and act on a community’s skills, capacities, and assets.
- Collaboration: Allies build relationships and promote collective action.
- Integrity: Allies meet commitments, act responsibly with public and personal trust, and are accountable for words and actions.
- Innovation: Allies respond to the convergence of demographic, political, and social shifts by acting in creative ways that generate new solutions and deepen impact.