Interpersonal Therapy Group and Educational Workshops
Interpersonal Therapy Groups
Why do people join group therapy?
People join group therapy because they are having difficulties and benefit from the support of caring peers. Common issues include:
- Family problems
- Relationship issues
How does group therapy work?
Group members discuss issues that are of concern to them and offer each other support and feedback. Group therapy works for many reasons including:
- Group members give feedback and support.
- Group members offer suggestions for alternative ways of acting.
- Group encourages members to practice new options.
How do I get the most out of group therapy?Most people are apprehensive about joining a group and experience some initial anxiety. To make group more meaningful and healing:
- Participate and attend group regularly.
- Decide what to work on in group and work actively towards change.
- Express your thoughts and feelings.
- Give others feedback.
- Be patient with yourself and the group - it will take time to grow comfortable and develop trust with the group.
- Try new behaviors suggested in group and ask for feedback from others.
When and How do I join?
|No current groups|
Credit for descriptive information: GVSU Group Website
None currently scheduled but online videos of our workshops coming soon!!