Why use Career Services at the University of Michigan-Dearborn?
- UM-Dearborn community of highly qualified students
- Range in academic programs: offering bachelor's, masterís, doctorate and professional degrees in arts and sciences, business, education and engineering and computer science.
- Cost effective and saves time
- Variety of hiring options: from entry levels students to experienced professionals
- Personalized and comprehensive recruiting and hiring support
- College of Arts, Sciences & Letters
- College of Education, Health, and Human Services
- College of Engineering & Computer Science
- College of Business
Strength of UM-Dearborn Students/Alumni
- Strong work ethic; the majority finance their education through part-time and full-time employment
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Students come from a variety of ethnic and social backgrounds, offering employers a diverse applicant base.
- Excellent academic preparation: Average G.P.A. for incoming freshman is 3.5
- Many participate in our renowned part-time programs, gaining practical experience prior to entering the work force.
- Well prepared for the job search process. Workshops, speaker panels and publications inform them on interviewing techniques, resume writing and job search skills.
Career Services at UM-Dearborn assists students and alumni from all majors, offering events and services to link them with employers.
Career Services offers a full spectrum of services to accommodate employers of all sizes, from the entrepreneurial enterprise to international manufacturing corporations.
- Office of Metropolitan Impact - Goal is to further develop the volume, value and impact of mutually beneficial community partnerships for research, teaching, learning and service
- Business Engagement Center - Your gateway to one of the state`s leading research and higher-education institutions
- CECS Extended Learning & Outreach - Provides a variety of continuing education programs and services for engineering and computer science professionals
- Internships and Cooperative Education - Gain real world experience