Dr. George and Isabelle Elanjian Scholarship was established to support students of Armenian descent who demonstrate financial need, scholastic achievement and contributions to their community. Recipients are selected on the basis of financial need, scholastic achievement, involvement in the community and letters of recommendation. Interested students must submit a current FAFSA to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- Available to students of Armenian background.
- Eligible applicants can be either current UM-Dearborn students or transfer students who have completed 12 credits at UM-Dearborn or another college.
- Recipients should be enrolled full-time (a minimum of 12 credit hours during the fall and winter semesters).
- The minimum GPA requirement is 3.0 (4.0 scale) or better.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants will be asked to respond to the following supplemental questions:
- Please describe your Armenian heritage.
- Please describe your past academic year. What were your memorable learning experiences, challenges, and areas for growth?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 3-5 years? What are your plans for this time frame and have these plans changed since last year? If so, how will this affect your graduation plans?
- If you are a transfer student with fewer than 12 credits completed at UM-Dearborn, what was your GPA at your previous college or university?
- Eligible applicants must describe their leadership/community service, academic goals, and awards/honors received.
- Recipients will be eligible to receive the scholarship more than once.