The Environmental Interpretive Center (EIC) opened in May 2001 and provides experiential environmental education activities for school children, teachers, university students and the general public.
The Center is the gateway to nearly 3 miles of foot trails in the Environmental Study Area.
The 13,000-square-foot facility offers the following amenities and attractions:
- Two 24-person teaching laboratories
- A 40-person multi-purpose classroom
- A wildlife observation room
- A 10-person conference room
- Exhibition space
- The Children's Environmental Tile Wall
- A covered staging area with picnic tables for about 40 guests
- Bicycle racks near the front entrance
- A bus and handicap access at front entrance
In addition the EIC also manages the following outdoor resources: