Program Length, Season and Appropriate Grade Levels
- This program lasts 1-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours, and can be adapted to suit your needs.
- The program is offered April thru November.
- Appropriate for Grade Levels 6 –12.
Program Description and Activities
In this program we observe a host of local invasive plant and animal species, and explore their negative impacts on habitats, food webs, biological diversity, soils, and more.
Your students will be engaged in a multifaceted program experience that may include:
- Investigating examples of local invasive plant or animal species.
- Differentiating between native, non-native, and invasive plant and animal species.
- Exploring the role of human activity in the introduction and spread of local invasive species.
- Taking part in an invasive species removal activity.